Wednesday, March 4, 2009

St. Mark's Episcopal, Old West End

I'm taking a short break from my moratorium on church pictures because I'd always been curious to see if this one's as disgustingly ugly inside as it is outside.
It isn't. The interior's magnificent. Good artwork, but with a refreshing lack of the gewgaws and garbage Catholic churches are littered with. My parents never understood how I could tolerate all those garishly colored statues of irrelevant idiots. Now I have to agree with them. If I had any tolerance at all for old Yahoo and his purported son Jeebus, this place would be nice for time wasting.






I don't know what the hell that's supposed to represent, but I'm inclined to like it.

2 comments:

Alex Fries said...

reiki reiki? hehe

Jeffrey Smith said...

Better reiki than a dead asshole nailed to a cross.