Thursday, February 5, 2009

I Have to Say It

I am so fucking sick of taking pictures of churches, posting pictures of churches, and even looking at churches, that, until further notice, I'm only going to post pictures of buildings that serve a more useful purpose than churches. If you have any suggestions for houses, stores, schools, factories, power plants, whorehouses, crack houses, or outhouses, or any other building that serves a purpose with more social value than religion, just let me know.

2 comments:

ShariYS said...

I'll stifle, as difficult as it may be, the suggestion of the old Epworth place as both crack house and probably whorehouse, too ... and suggest, on a less snowy day, a run out to Toledo Memorial Park in Sylvania, since I have a few visits to make out there and they have some rather extraordinary monuments also ...

Jeffrey Smith said...

I have a feeling a lot of churches are going to end up like that in the next couple years. It's unfortunate, but the number of available congregations is dwindling almost as fast as their membership rolls, and adaptive re-use for such white elephants is seriously expensive.